Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Engagement

I haven't blogged for a long time but I figured since I'm a married mormon girl living in Rexburg AND about to go to hair school, I should just start again. I've been married since November 19, 2011. Since I don't keep a journal (even though I know that I should) I figured that I would write my engagement and wedding day story so I don't forget all the details!

So here it goes.....

Jack and I met in Summer of 2010. I had to review a parking lot show for the school paper and Jack performed at that same show. I interviewed him and I thought he was pretty cute. I was only 19 and I thought that Jack looked really young. Turns out he's three years older than me. But anyways, I interviewed him and we moved on. I saw him once and a while at school but we didn't become friends till Winter 2011. He was playing a show at the restaurant (Sammy's) I work at. I came to watch with a couple friends that knew Jack. I remembered him (and his name because he has the coolest name ever "Jack France", ugh I could die) and he remembered me (not my name, but I'm a little creepy and stalked him on facebook a couple times). 

We started to hang out among friends and he started to like me. I always thought he was cute but I was lame and didn't realize he liked me. But when I found out he did (thanks Brady) there was no going back. He asked me on a date right before the semester ended and proceeded to take me on the funnest date ever (I'll save that story for another day). We dated all of spring semester, he met all my family on a  FUN roadtrip up to Oregon, and I met all his family in Colorado. We knew that we wanted to get married, we hadn't been dating very long but when you know, you know. We wanted to get married by the end of the year. 

After summer I moved to California and he moved to Colorado for a very long three months. I had no idea when he was going to propose but I knew it was sometime in September. On September 3 I got a text from my best friend Sydney that said "Hey wanna go on a picnic to the park". I thought it was weird because Syd and I are the laziest people on the planet and we usually just go out to eat but ANYWAYS I was down. I drive to Arroyostow park near my house and start walking towards the playground, I don't see Sydney but instead I see a scruffy looking blond man and then I realize that it's my JACK!!!! I start running towards him and I gave him a big hug and kisses all over his face. We're both tearing up and we're both holding each other tight, we hadn't seen each other in a few weeks (it was our first time apart, give us a break) and then Jack gets on both knees and asks me to marry him. And he presents to me the most delicate antique ring (that he picked out himself). The moment was perfect. We called all our loved ones and just sat together on the grass. No one was at the park, it was perfect. We went and ate at 118 Cafe where I used to work.  

Sadly we didn't capture any moments from the day but here's some engagement photos!





AND A VERY SPECIAL ENGAGEMENT VIDEO!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cannot help but watch this video over and over. It is so beautiful and I LOVE it. Kim and Jack you are adorable together. I believe that today just as much as I did when you first began to date. So CUTE!

Naptime Review said...

Loved getting to know you and your husband. You guys are so cute...
Stopping by from TTWFI. Love for you to stop by and return the follow. Also, hosting Mom's Monday Mingle now. Love for you to link up ;)
www.thenaptimereview.com

Post a Comment